Cloudy's Knight, who used last year's Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) as a springboard to a remarkable second-half campaign, is back to defend his title.
Gran Estreno, who posted a mild upset when winning the 2009 edition of the Washington Park Handicap (gr. III), returns in search of a repeat as part of a seven-horse field in the $150,000 race Sept. 4 at Arlington Park.
Nicanor, full brother to 2006 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro, drew the far outside post in a field of 13 for his stakes debut in the $200,000 Dixie (gr. IIT) on the Pimlico turf May 15.
Coolcullen Times, a 3-year-old son of Rock of Gibraltar, brought the top price of the day and the sale of 155,000 guineas as the Tattersalls July mixed auction ended its three-session run July 9 in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise