Cloudy's Knight, who used last year's Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) as a springboard to a remarkable second-half campaign, is back to defend his title.
Gran Estreno, who posted a mild upset when winning the 2009 edition of the Washington Park Handicap (gr. III), returns in search of a repeat as part of a seven-horse field in the $150,000 race Sept. 4 at Arlington Park.
Nicanor, full brother to 2006 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro, drew the far outside post in a field of 13 for his stakes debut in the $200,000 Dixie (gr. IIT) on the Pimlico turf May 15.
Coolcullen Times, a 3-year-old son of Rock of Gibraltar, brought the top price of the day and the sale of 155,000 guineas as the Tattersalls July mixed auction ended its three-session run July 9 in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos