Cloudy's Knight, who used last year's Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) as a springboard to a remarkable second-half campaign, is back to defend his title.
Gran Estreno, who posted a mild upset when winning the 2009 edition of the Washington Park Handicap (gr. III), returns in search of a repeat as part of a seven-horse field in the $150,000 race Sept. 4 at Arlington Park.
Nicanor, full brother to 2006 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro, drew the far outside post in a field of 13 for his stakes debut in the $200,000 Dixie (gr. IIT) on the Pimlico turf May 15.
Coolcullen Times, a 3-year-old son of Rock of Gibraltar, brought the top price of the day and the sale of 155,000 guineas as the Tattersalls July mixed auction ended its three-session run July 9 in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby