With a first violation of the prohibited substance rule in a Breeders' Cup World Championships race, Ellis, and all horses directly or indirectly in his care, will be ineligible to participate in the Breeders' Cup World Championships in 2017.
The recent announcement by Breeders' Cup to ban horses from being entered in the World Championships if their trainers are found to be in violation of its convicted trainers rule, effective 2015, could signal change.
As part of the board revision of the convicted trainer rule, Breeders' Cup prohibits the participation by assistant trainers or other employees that affected trainers may transfer horses to following sanctions.
The Breeders' Cup has revised its "Convicted Trainer Rule" and will impose a minimum one-year suspension from the World Championships on any trainer with a Class 2, Category A, violation during the preceding 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Jacks Masterpiece First Winner for Smiling Tiger