The recent announcement by Breeders' Cup to ban horses from being entered in the World Championships if their trainers are found to be in violation of its convicted trainers rule, effective 2015, could signal change.
As part of the board revision of the convicted trainer rule, Breeders' Cup prohibits the participation by assistant trainers or other employees that affected trainers may transfer horses to following sanctions.
The Breeders' Cup has revised its "Convicted Trainer Rule" and will impose a minimum one-year suspension from the World Championships on any trainer with a Class 2, Category A, violation during the preceding 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Laoban Works Toward Return