With a first violation of the prohibited substance rule in a Breeders' Cup World Championships race, Ellis, and all horses directly or indirectly in his care, will be ineligible to participate in the Breeders' Cup World Championships in 2017.
The recent announcement by Breeders' Cup to ban horses from being entered in the World Championships if their trainers are found to be in violation of its convicted trainers rule, effective 2015, could signal change.
As part of the board revision of the convicted trainer rule, Breeders' Cup prohibits the participation by assistant trainers or other employees that affected trainers may transfer horses to following sanctions.
The Breeders' Cup has revised its "Convicted Trainer Rule" and will impose a minimum one-year suspension from the World Championships on any trainer with a Class 2, Category A, violation during the preceding 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack