With a first violation of the prohibited substance rule in a Breeders' Cup World Championships race, Ellis, and all horses directly or indirectly in his care, will be ineligible to participate in the Breeders' Cup World Championships in 2017.
The recent announcement by Breeders' Cup to ban horses from being entered in the World Championships if their trainers are found to be in violation of its convicted trainers rule, effective 2015, could signal change.
As part of the board revision of the convicted trainer rule, Breeders' Cup prohibits the participation by assistant trainers or other employees that affected trainers may transfer horses to following sanctions.
The Breeders' Cup has revised its "Convicted Trainer Rule" and will impose a minimum one-year suspension from the World Championships on any trainer with a Class 2, Category A, violation during the preceding 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Versatile Finest City Named Champion Female Sprinter
- WinStar Farm Earns First Outstanding Breeder Eclipse
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- Rawnaq Reigns as Champion Steeplechaser
- Strong Summer Lifts Flintshire to Turf Male Eclipse