Well-bred California stallion Sought After, sire of grade I winner Masochistic, was euthanized recently at Joe Daehling's Daehling Ranch after developing laminitis in both front feet. He was 15.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won the All American Stakes (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields with Summer Hit about an hour after claiming the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) with Sahara Sky.
Hudson Landing, who captured the 2012 All American Stakes (gr. III) by a nose over Control Seeker last fall, will try to repeat for trainer Blaine Wright and owner Jared Chappell at Golden Gate Fields on Memorial Day May 27.
Versatile Hudson Landing, upset winner of last year's San Francisco Mile (gr. IT), is back to defend his title in the $100,000 event against nine opponents April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Hudson Landing needed every inch of the Golden Gate Fields homestretch to nose out Control Seeker in the $100,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 23.
Southern California shipper Gladding will attempt to overcome a five-month absence as the favorite for the $100,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 23 at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby