Industry stakeholders July 8 indicated they plan to push harder for mandatory continuing education programs for Thoroughbred trainers.
In an effort to enhance equine welfare, health and safety and overall horsemanship skills, the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation will offer free, online horsemanship courses.
Educating trainers about the warning signs of catastrophic injury and having committees focus on racetrack safety are two ways safety can be improved at the racetrack.
Diagnosing and treating upper and lower respiratory issues and the use of corticosteroids in racehorses will be discussed as part of a continuing education seminar for trainers June 27 at Indiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win