American-based millionaire Morluc is among 79 entries for the group I Darley July Cup at England's Newmarket Racecourse on July 10. The 2003 Darley July Cup, supported by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Stud since 1996, has gone up in value to £250,000, a £30,000 increase over the 2002 figure, when there were 57 entries.
Alex Ferguson and Sue Magnier's Rock Of Gibraltar, who became the first horse ever to win seven consecutive group I races when taking the Prix du Moulin at Longchamp, was named Europe's Horse of the Year when the Cartier Racing Awards were presented Wednesday.
Longshot runners trained by David Nicholls ran one-two in the group I July Cup at Newmarket, England Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs