The biggest surprises for City Zip offspring may be the improvement of most of his runners with maturity and the affinity many seem to have for turf.
One of the pioneers of the New York breeding program, Gustave C. Schoenborn Sr. died May 11 at his home in Coxsackie, N.Y., following a short illness.
Rodeo, a 10-year-old son of Gone West, has been moved to Michelle Rodriquez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Grade II winner Crafty C. T., third in last year's Napa Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) by only a length, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Gus Schoenborn Jr.'s Contemporary Stallions near Coxsackie, N.Y.
Grade I winner City Zip, who made his farewell race in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) for the partnership of Charles Thompson, Carl Bowling, and Lakland Farm, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Gus Schoenborn Jr.'s Contemporary Stallions near Coxsackie, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California