The biggest surprises for City Zip offspring may be the improvement of most of his runners with maturity and the affinity many seem to have for turf.
One of the pioneers of the New York breeding program, Gustave C. Schoenborn Sr. died May 11 at his home in Coxsackie, N.Y., following a short illness.
Rodeo, a 10-year-old son of Gone West, has been moved to Michelle Rodriquez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Grade II winner Crafty C. T., third in last year's Napa Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) by only a length, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Gus Schoenborn Jr.'s Contemporary Stallions near Coxsackie, N.Y.
Grade I winner City Zip, who made his farewell race in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) for the partnership of Charles Thompson, Carl Bowling, and Lakland Farm, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Gus Schoenborn Jr.'s Contemporary Stallions near Coxsackie, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Masochistic Breezes to Pat O'Brien Victory