Argentine-bred Contante, whose sire Interprete is the broodmare sire of Horse of the Year Invasor, will stand at Dr. Mark Kranz' Stonefield Farm near Clymer, N.Y.
Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith's 4-year-old Bandini makes his second start of the season in Saturday's $100,000 Skip Away Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles at Gulfstream Park.
The first graded stakes win for Melnyk Racing Stable's $2.8 million colt Harlington was a long time in coming, but the 4-year-old got the job done while fully extended for John Velazquez to win the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) over a strong field.
In the race immediately preceding the Preakness (gr. I) at Pimlico Saturday, eight older horses will contest the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) over nine furlongs.
Sullivan Lane Stable and Vincent Scuderi's highweighted Classic Endeavor will carry Eclipse Award-winning rider John Velazquez and an impost of 118 pounds against a well-matched and familiar group of older horses in Saturday's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II). The strong card features the prestigious Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) and Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. III) for the 3-year-old set.
Badge of Silver, ridden by Jerry Bailey, held off the steady closer Dynever to win the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) by a neck at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong