After 23 years at Beulah Park in Ohio, Mike Weiss has formed his own consulting business with a focus on horse racing, concerts, and events.
Racing executive Lonny Powell, chairman and principal of LTPowell Gaming & Racing Ventures & Advisors, has joined the Pinnacle Race Course team as senior adviser to owner Jerry Campbell, the racetrack said July 1.
Damon Thayer, who owns Thayer Communications & Consulting and is a Kentucky senator, has officially been named general consultant/adviser for Pinnacle Race Course, the new Michigan racetrack scheduled to open July 18.
Delaware Park has retained horseracing veteran John Mooney to consult on racing-specific matters, track officials announced May 12.
Tests performed Aug. 8-9 on the main track at Arlington Park have determined the Illinois track is consistent and safe for racing.
The Greatest Game, an owner-development program under the auspices of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, has scheduled its next lottery for July 8 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records