After 23 years at Beulah Park in Ohio, Mike Weiss has formed his own consulting business with a focus on horse racing, concerts, and events.
Racing executive Lonny Powell, chairman and principal of LTPowell Gaming & Racing Ventures & Advisors, has joined the Pinnacle Race Course team as senior adviser to owner Jerry Campbell, the racetrack said July 1.
Damon Thayer, who owns Thayer Communications & Consulting and is a Kentucky senator, has officially been named general consultant/adviser for Pinnacle Race Course, the new Michigan racetrack scheduled to open July 18.
Delaware Park has retained horseracing veteran John Mooney to consult on racing-specific matters, track officials announced May 12.
Tests performed Aug. 8-9 on the main track at Arlington Park have determined the Illinois track is consistent and safe for racing.
The Greatest Game, an owner-development program under the auspices of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, has scheduled its next lottery for July 8 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm