Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Several 3-year-old colts will try to break through in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park, opening day at the Arcadia, Calif. track.
Sean Alfortish, former president of the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, pled guilty Aug. 31 to conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, identity fraud, and health-care fraud.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby