Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Several 3-year-old colts will try to break through in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park, opening day at the Arcadia, Calif. track.
Sean Alfortish, former president of the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, pled guilty Aug. 31 to conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, identity fraud, and health-care fraud.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis