A consolidation plan that would make the West Virginia Racing Commission part of a broader Gambling Commission is headed to "interim study," said a representative of one organization that has expressed concern over the proposal.
Sportsman's Park will merge operations with its next-door neighbor, Hawthorne Race Course, and plans to conduct all racing at Hawthorne starting next year, officials of both tracks said July 31.
The consolidation of Breeders' Cup Ltd. and the National Thoroughbred Racing Association moved a step closer to reality Friday when the Breeders' Cup board of directors approved a draft of the proposal during a special meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes