Bayne Welker, president and chairman of the Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association, has a lot to say about sales integrity and other auction-related issues.
- By Tom LaMarra
Legislation that would protect buyers and sellers in equine transactions is on its way to the floor of the Kentucky Senate, though one lawmaker plans to offer two amendments. Meanwhile, horse industry representatives planned another meeting to hammer out a compromise on some language in the bill.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA), which was formed in Central Kentucky earlier this year, has published a 20-page pamphlet about the pre-sale endoscopic evaluation of the throats of horses offered at public auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott's Award Reopens the Smarty Story