Bayne Welker, president and chairman of the Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association, has a lot to say about sales integrity and other auction-related issues.
- By Tom LaMarra
Legislation that would protect buyers and sellers in equine transactions is on its way to the floor of the Kentucky Senate, though one lawmaker plans to offer two amendments. Meanwhile, horse industry representatives planned another meeting to hammer out a compromise on some language in the bill.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA), which was formed in Central Kentucky earlier this year, has published a 20-page pamphlet about the pre-sale endoscopic evaluation of the throats of horses offered at public auction.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again