Bayne Welker, president and chairman of the Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association, has a lot to say about sales integrity and other auction-related issues.
- By Tom LaMarra
Legislation that would protect buyers and sellers in equine transactions is on its way to the floor of the Kentucky Senate, though one lawmaker plans to offer two amendments. Meanwhile, horse industry representatives planned another meeting to hammer out a compromise on some language in the bill.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA), which was formed in Central Kentucky earlier this year, has published a 20-page pamphlet about the pre-sale endoscopic evaluation of the throats of horses offered at public auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf