Claiborne Farm stallion Boundary has been retired from stud duty due to declining fertility, said Bernie Sams, farm spokesperson.
Galic Boy, the Hawthorne course-record holder at about 1 1/16 miles on turf, upset 13-10 favorite Where's Taylor to earn his first career graded stakes win in Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Chicago-area track.
Conserve, last year's winner of Churchill Downs' Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. II), faces stiff competition from California ship-in Irish Prize in Wednesday's race.
Guided by jockey Jerry Bailey, betting favorite Hap saved ground along the hedge, rallying through the stretch to win the $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3/4-lengths Saturday at Saratoga.
Conserve saved just enough energy to hold off the late challenge from Riviera, winning the $287,000 Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap wire to wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago