The American Horse Council has released the agenda for its National Issues Fall Forum Nov. 2 in Lexington. Deadlines for registration are approaching.
A law that raises the deduction a landowner can take for donating a conservation easement was the subject of a press conference near Lexington.
Tim Cunningham's Ironton wrested the lead down the backstretch in the $75,000 Northern Dancer Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland breds and held it with a nose victory at the wire.
The last time Barclay Tagg was at Pimlico Race Course, he saddled Funny Cide to a near record performance in winning the Preakness Stakes (gr. I). Saturday, he returned to Old Hilltop from his New York-base to see his Conservation upset odds-on favorite Foufa's Warrior in the $60,000 Humphrey Finney Stakes for 3-year old Maryland-breds.
Trainer Mickey Goldfine was putting the final touches on Senor Swinger Friday morning, just hours before the colt put his undefeated record on the line in Gulfstream Park's grade I Florida Derby. At $1 million, the 1 1/8-mile race is the richest prep in the nation for the Triple Crown.
Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey's Ten Cents A Shine worked Monday morning in preparation for Saturday's $200,000, grade I Fountain of Youth Stakes for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park in Florida.
Helen Alexander has donated a conservation easement to Bluegrass Conservancy which will protect all 349 acres of her Middlebrook Farm, near Lexington.
Chris Thomas Olrick's Super Fuse, making only his second start outside of South Florida and his first start on a sloppy racetrack, pulled away in the stretch for a 3 ¼-length victory Sunday afternoon over favored American Mon in the six-furlong Huntington for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Travers Purse $1.6 Million if 'Pharoah' Runs
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Wild One, Futura Win on Big Day at Greyville
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Palace to Miss Remainder of Saratoga Meet
- Haskell: Jimmy Barnes on American Pharoah
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool