Barbara Hunter's homebred Keertana, winner of three in a row including the last two in stakes company, leads an evenly-matched field of eight 3-year-old fillies who will take to the Saratoga turf for the $150,000 Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) on Aug. 21.
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas has won a lot of races. And, he has seen a lot of weather forecasts. On July 31, he won the off the turf Lake George Stakes at Saratoga with Be Fair.
Last August, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey watched with satisfaction as a 2-year-old chestnut daughter of El Prado named Consequence made an inside move to win her debut by three lengths at Saratoga Race Course.
Two grade III stakes to be contested on Polytrack -- the $150,000 Arlington Matron and the $100,000 Hanshin Cup -- join with a pair of top-notch grass events to provide a quality afternoon of racing at Arlington Park on May 23.
War Kill got the best of Selva after a lengthy stretch duel to win the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at odds of 16-1, giving Julien Leparoux his fourth victory on the card.
After defeating males in her most recent start in the San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, Evita Argentina headlines a field of seven 3-year-old fillies in $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland April 8.
A wide-open field of 12, led by lukewarm morning-line favorite Laragh, was drawn for the inaugural $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita Park.
With the undefeated English star 2-year-old filly Rainbow View skipping the Breeders' Cup, the inaugural running of the $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf figures to be a wide-open affair
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant