A 58,000 guineas (about $115,450) Dansili colt topped day one of the Tattersalls December foal sale in Newmarket Nov. 21 when selling to Ciaran (Flash) Conroy of County Tipperary-based Glenvale Stud.
Yard-Arm and Cherry Mix, two of the leading contenders for this year's $6 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 26, go head-to-head during the Dubai International Racing Carnival's meeting on March 5.
Irish trainer Dermot Weld scored his 3,000th career win Feb. 17 at Nad al Sheba Racecourse when King Jock, under jockey Pat Smullen, posted a 1 3/4-length victory in the San Siro International Stakes over 1,500 meters on the turf during the Dubai International Racing Carnival.
Adi Selvaratnam's amazing Conroy, a 6-year-old gelded son of Gone West, landed his third consecutive Mahab Al Shimaal (UAE-III) over six furlongs at Nad Al Sheba on Saturday night.
The withdrawal of America's outstanding mare Xtra Heat makes the $2 million Group I Dubai Golden Shaheen wide open.
The Godolphin Racing team, trainer Saeed bin Suroor and jockey Frankie Dettori dominated the inaugural "Super Saturday" at Nad Al Sheba, capturing four of the preview races for the Mar. 29 Dubai World Cup card. But Team Valor, WinStar Farm and Sunmark Partners' Ipi Tombe was the day's most impressive winner.
Godolphin's Bad As I Wanna Be will start from post one when he takes on 11 other horses in the Mahab Al Shimaal on Saturday at Nad Al Sheba.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Call Me George Pulls New Orleans 'Cap Upset