Sam Houston Race Park will offer $1.7 million in stakes for its 2014 Thoroughbred meet, which spans 32 days from Jan. 17-March 11.
The 2011 Texas racing season begins Jan. 21 with the opening of Sam Houston Race Park, which will offer a 27-day meet through March 7.
Saturday's John B. Conally features seven-year-old Green Fee and Candid Glen, the winner of the last two runnings of the $200,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag