Mending Fences required little cooperation from Mother Nature as he led from gate to wire and won the $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by three-quarters of a length Saturday night.
Fort Prado lived up to his 4-5 favoritism in Saturday night's $193,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by winning his third consecutive stakes and second graded stakes of the year for owners Patricia, Ryan, and David Block.
Team Block's Fort Prado is the 3-1 morning line favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), which will be the first graded stakes race at Sam Houston Park since it opened in 1994.
Sam Houston Race Park has cut purses after handle failed to meet purse projections. Overnight purses were adjusted 7%, effective Dec. 18, 2003 with the cuts to stakes purses beginning Jan. 17.
A field of 12 was nominated, including two past winners and a California invader, for Saturday's $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf at Sam Houston Park.
As a special promotion for Saturday's Connally Breeders' Cup Turf card, Sam Houston Race Park will debut the Connally Breeders' Cup Online Handicapping Contest. The contest is open to all racing fans, 21-years of age or older, with a total of $1,000 in prizes to the top four finishers. There is no entry fee for the Connally Breeders' Cup Online Handicapping Contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement