Mending Fences required little cooperation from Mother Nature as he led from gate to wire and won the $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by three-quarters of a length Saturday night.
Fort Prado lived up to his 4-5 favoritism in Saturday night's $193,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by winning his third consecutive stakes and second graded stakes of the year for owners Patricia, Ryan, and David Block.
Team Block's Fort Prado is the 3-1 morning line favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), which will be the first graded stakes race at Sam Houston Park since it opened in 1994.
Sam Houston Race Park has cut purses after handle failed to meet purse projections. Overnight purses were adjusted 7%, effective Dec. 18, 2003 with the cuts to stakes purses beginning Jan. 17.
A field of 12 was nominated, including two past winners and a California invader, for Saturday's $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf at Sam Houston Park.
As a special promotion for Saturday's Connally Breeders' Cup Turf card, Sam Houston Race Park will debut the Connally Breeders' Cup Online Handicapping Contest. The contest is open to all racing fans, 21-years of age or older, with a total of $1,000 in prizes to the top four finishers. There is no entry fee for the Connally Breeders' Cup Online Handicapping Contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board