Rapid Proof unleashed a powerful kick in the stretch run to nip defending champion Warleigh by a head in the $216,000 John B. Connally Breeders' Cup Turf at Sam Houston Race Park Saturday night.
Bushwood Stables' Better Talk Now and Mansell Stables' Quest Star, both 5-year-olds, headline the April 10 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap, at $200,000 the richest race of the Sam Houston Race Park meet. The Connally is at 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
Saturday's John B. Conally features seven-year-old Green Fee and Candid Glen, the winner of the last two runnings of the $200,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turn Back the Alarm
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Texas Sire Scrimshaw Relocates to Keen Farms