Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
The Congressional Horse Caucus, now more than 60 members strong, said it supports efforts to stop illegal Internet gambling but said any proposed legislation must be clarified to protect legal pari-mutuel account wagering and simulcasting.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has reorganized its political and fund-raising initiatives into two operations: the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign and the NTRA Political Action Committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil