Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
The Congressional Horse Caucus, now more than 60 members strong, said it supports efforts to stop illegal Internet gambling but said any proposed legislation must be clarified to protect legal pari-mutuel account wagering and simulcasting.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has reorganized its political and fund-raising initiatives into two operations: the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign and the NTRA Political Action Committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD