Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
The Congressional Horse Caucus, now more than 60 members strong, said it supports efforts to stop illegal Internet gambling but said any proposed legislation must be clarified to protect legal pari-mutuel account wagering and simulcasting.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has reorganized its political and fund-raising initiatives into two operations: the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign and the NTRA Political Action Committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga