Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
The Congressional Horse Caucus, now more than 60 members strong, said it supports efforts to stop illegal Internet gambling but said any proposed legislation must be clarified to protect legal pari-mutuel account wagering and simulcasting.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has reorganized its political and fund-raising initiatives into two operations: the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign and the NTRA Political Action Committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic