Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
The Congressional Horse Caucus, now more than 60 members strong, said it supports efforts to stop illegal Internet gambling but said any proposed legislation must be clarified to protect legal pari-mutuel account wagering and simulcasting.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has reorganized its political and fund-raising initiatives into two operations: the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign and the NTRA Political Action Committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Graham, Amoss, Moss Take FG Meet Titles
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Roodle & Riddle, EquiMarker Analytics Partner