The well-traveled Weigelia returns to one of his favorite courses Sunday when he takes on 11 rivals in the $100,000-added Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park inner turf course for trainer Mike Trombetta.
Bill Heiligbrodt's Gaff overcame a yielding turf course to register a win in Friday's $150,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Unbridled Sidney, Churchill Downs turf course record holder at five furlongs, makes her first start in six months Friday when she faces males in the $150,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at her favorite distance.
Rodney J. Winkler's Colorado homebred The Nth Degree seized the lead less than 100 yards from the wire and tenaciously held on for a neck victory in the $110,200 Shakertown (gr. III) for sprinters on the Keeneland turf Sunday.
Sgt. Bert, who holds Keeneland's 5 1/2-furlong course record, is among the eight sprinters who will meet in the $100,000-added Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 15, a 5 1/2-furlong race on turf.
WinStar Farm's homebred Bluegrass Cat, the 3-5 favorite, withstood a serious threat from Flashy Bull in the deep stretch and drew away from the stubborn challenger to win the 92nd running of the $200,000 Remsen (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Aqueduct Saturday.
The promising Bluegrass Cat stands out in a field of eight 2-year-olds entered for the $200,000 Remsen (gr. II) Saturday at nine furlongs at Aqueduct.
Trainer H. Graham Motion hopes to get his Breeders' Cup weekend off to a strong start when he sends Donald Adams' Express News out to tackle a talented group of juveniles in the $100,000 Nashua (gr. III) at one mile at Belmont Park Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Masochistic Looms in Pat O'Brien
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante