Juddmonte Farms' Etoile Montante, nipped by the narrowest of noses in her last start, could be the slight favorite when nine go to the post in Saturday's $250,000 Just a Game Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Belmont Park turf.
Sunday's $100,000-added Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight tough fillies and mares to the 1 1/16-mile turf test, features trainer Bobby Frankel's first starter of the Keeneland spring meeting.
Coney Kitty survived a steward's inquiry and a jockey's objection to record a neck victory over Madeira Mist in the $100,000 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Tampa Bay Downs turf.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod's homebred Delmonico Cat surged to the lead in the final strides to win the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares by a half-length Saturday at Gulfstream Park, registering her first career graded stakes victory.
Well-traveled Caught in the Rain rallied under jockey Richard Migliore to get a nostril in front in a three-nose win photo to take the $113,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday on the Aqueduct turf at 1 1/16 mile.
The little filly Dublino, making her 2003 seasonal debut, unleashed her reliably powerful stretch run to pull away in Sunday's $111,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet