Juddmonte Farms' Etoile Montante, nipped by the narrowest of noses in her last start, could be the slight favorite when nine go to the post in Saturday's $250,000 Just a Game Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Belmont Park turf.
Sunday's $100,000-added Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight tough fillies and mares to the 1 1/16-mile turf test, features trainer Bobby Frankel's first starter of the Keeneland spring meeting.
Coney Kitty survived a steward's inquiry and a jockey's objection to record a neck victory over Madeira Mist in the $100,000 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Tampa Bay Downs turf.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod's homebred Delmonico Cat surged to the lead in the final strides to win the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares by a half-length Saturday at Gulfstream Park, registering her first career graded stakes victory.
Well-traveled Caught in the Rain rallied under jockey Richard Migliore to get a nostril in front in a three-nose win photo to take the $113,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday on the Aqueduct turf at 1 1/16 mile.
The little filly Dublino, making her 2003 seasonal debut, unleashed her reliably powerful stretch run to pull away in Sunday's $111,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala