B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Go for Gin will head to the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md., following the completion of the breeding season.
Go for Gin, the 1994 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner , will be moving from Claiborne Stud in Kentucky after he finishes out the current breeding season.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued the upswing in juvenile sales seen so far this year, its April auction showing huge gains in gross and average. Also, the number of horses bought back by their consignors dropped markedly, and a record price for the sale was established.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park