B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Go for Gin will head to the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md., following the completion of the breeding season.
Go for Gin, the 1994 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner , will be moving from Claiborne Stud in Kentucky after he finishes out the current breeding season.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued the upswing in juvenile sales seen so far this year, its April auction showing huge gains in gross and average. Also, the number of horses bought back by their consignors dropped markedly, and a record price for the sale was established.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set