B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Go for Gin will head to the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md., following the completion of the breeding season.
Go for Gin, the 1994 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner , will be moving from Claiborne Stud in Kentucky after he finishes out the current breeding season.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued the upswing in juvenile sales seen so far this year, its April auction showing huge gains in gross and average. Also, the number of horses bought back by their consignors dropped markedly, and a record price for the sale was established.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot