B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Go for Gin will head to the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md., following the completion of the breeding season.
Go for Gin, the 1994 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner , will be moving from Claiborne Stud in Kentucky after he finishes out the current breeding season.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued the upswing in juvenile sales seen so far this year, its April auction showing huge gains in gross and average. Also, the number of horses bought back by their consignors dropped markedly, and a record price for the sale was established.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Compound Pharmacy Reinforces Safety Standards