Keeneland announced a new condition of sale which will allow buyers of yearlings and horses in training being exported to Great Britain to be tested for anabolic steroids.
Veterinarians from Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital presented information about radiographic images of joints, endoscopic videos of throats, and changes in conditions of sale during an educational forum on sale yearlings.
In ruling on a lawsuit in which a buyer purchased a yearling that had undergone undisclosed invasive joint surgery, a judge has declared one of the Conditions of Sale at the Keeneland Association to be "unconscionable."
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin