Keeneland announced a new condition of sale which will allow buyers of yearlings and horses in training being exported to Great Britain to be tested for anabolic steroids.
Veterinarians from Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital presented information about radiographic images of joints, endoscopic videos of throats, and changes in conditions of sale during an educational forum on sale yearlings.
In ruling on a lawsuit in which a buyer purchased a yearling that had undergone undisclosed invasive joint surgery, a judge has declared one of the Conditions of Sale at the Keeneland Association to be "unconscionable."
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016