River Downs, which is hoping to trim racing dates to maintain purses at 2009 levels, released its first condition book March 29 and avoided being fined by the Ohio State Racing Commission.
Monmouth Park's first 2010 condition book includes $75,000 maiden special weight races and $80,000 entry-level allowance events.
Folks who like betting the gray horse in every race might have a hard time choosing a favorite in the Gray Ghost at Churchill Downs.
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association claims the racing office at the West Virginia track isn't adhering to a "preference date system" in the track's condition book, and in turn is favoring horses stabled in other states at the expense of local horsemen. Management says it sees no real problem with the manner in which races are drawn.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule