River Downs, which is hoping to trim racing dates to maintain purses at 2009 levels, released its first condition book March 29 and avoided being fined by the Ohio State Racing Commission.
Monmouth Park's first 2010 condition book includes $75,000 maiden special weight races and $80,000 entry-level allowance events.
Folks who like betting the gray horse in every race might have a hard time choosing a favorite in the Gray Ghost at Churchill Downs.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association claims the racing office at the West Virginia track isn't adhering to a "preference date system" in the track's condition book, and in turn is favoring horses stabled in other states at the expense of local horsemen. Management says it sees no real problem with the manner in which races are drawn.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell