Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to the races Saturday with a visually impressive 3/4-length win over El Corredor in the $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Under highweight of 124 pounds, conceding from four to 10 pounds to his five rivals, the Neil Drysdale trainee completed the one-turn mile in 1:34.07 over a fast track.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, unraced since a second-place finish in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), returns to the races in the $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Belmont Park. The one-mile race for 3-year-olds drew a field of seven.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award