Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to the races Saturday with a visually impressive 3/4-length win over El Corredor in the $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Under highweight of 124 pounds, conceding from four to 10 pounds to his five rivals, the Neil Drysdale trainee completed the one-turn mile in 1:34.07 over a fast track.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, unraced since a second-place finish in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), returns to the races in the $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Belmont Park. The one-mile race for 3-year-olds drew a field of seven.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio