Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to the races Saturday with a visually impressive 3/4-length win over El Corredor in the $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Under highweight of 124 pounds, conceding from four to 10 pounds to his five rivals, the Neil Drysdale trainee completed the one-turn mile in 1:34.07 over a fast track.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, unraced since a second-place finish in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), returns to the races in the $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Belmont Park. The one-mile race for 3-year-olds drew a field of seven.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II