Do you like Fire or Ice? Shackleford or Coil? How will they run? Predict the Order
On July 31 at Monmouth Park, Shackleford will try to stamp himself as the division leader when he leads a field of eight in the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I).
Odds-on choice Pants On Fire returned from his unplaced effort in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a smart two-length victory in the $195,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 18.
A week after winning the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with Ruler On Ice, trainer Kelly Breen and owners George and Lori Hall hope to add to their success with Pants On Fire in the $200,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Meet the horses running in the 2011 Preakness Stakes. View Slideshow
Animal Kingdom was a surprise winner of the Derby and came out of the race in great shape. But will the pace of the Preakness, which will likely be much swifter, be a benefit or a hindrance to the Triple Crown hopeful?
Will Animal Kingdom win again? One of his Derby foes? Or a new shooter? Predict the Order
Pimlico officials said on May 8 that as many as four starters from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) could gather in Baltimore on May 21 for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Linda Gaudet and Morris Bailey's Concealed Identity came from off the pace to win the May 7 Federico Tesio Stakes for 3-year-olds at Pimlico Race Course and could be entered in the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Three Triple Crown-nominated hopefuls and a quartet of Maryland-based runners will face off in Laurel Park's $75,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says