The Goffs November breeding stock sale ended its two-day run Nov. 20 in Ireland with decreases in gross, average price, and median price from the previous year.
Gross rises 14% while average price increases 11.1% in Ireland.
Craven Breeze-up sale catalog has 194 horses listed.
Doncaster's April 10 breeze-up sale in England -- featuring 50 fewer lots than in 2007 and reduced from two days to one -- was dominated by a couple of purchases made by agent David Loder on behalf of Godolphin.
Europe's 2-year-old in training record price was passed twice at the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale Wednesday, most dramatically by a 500,000 guineas Fusaichi Pegasus colt out of champion 2-year-old Lyric Fantasy bought by Fusao Sekiguchi.
The opening day of the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale saw solid international trade with buyers from throughout Europe and the Far East all making a significant impact on proceedings and Irish based vendors dominating the top of the market with the top four lots all coming from across the Irish Sea. Average for the day was up 1% to 23,223 guineas for an aggregate of 1,184,400 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame