Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Silvano, perhaps the strongest of four European contestants in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), breezed five furlongs from a standing start in 1:02 4/5 over the Arlington turf course Wednesday morning.
British-bred Caitano has been added to the list of European campaigners likely to invade the Midwest for the 19th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact