Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Silvano, perhaps the strongest of four European contestants in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), breezed five furlongs from a standing start in 1:02 4/5 over the Arlington turf course Wednesday morning.
British-bred Caitano has been added to the list of European campaigners likely to invade the Midwest for the 19th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement