Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Silvano, perhaps the strongest of four European contestants in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), breezed five furlongs from a standing start in 1:02 4/5 over the Arlington turf course Wednesday morning.
British-bred Caitano has been added to the list of European campaigners likely to invade the Midwest for the 19th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana