Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Silvano, perhaps the strongest of four European contestants in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), breezed five furlongs from a standing start in 1:02 4/5 over the Arlington turf course Wednesday morning.
British-bred Caitano has been added to the list of European campaigners likely to invade the Midwest for the 19th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine