Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Silvano, perhaps the strongest of four European contestants in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), breezed five furlongs from a standing start in 1:02 4/5 over the Arlington turf course Wednesday morning.
British-bred Caitano has been added to the list of European campaigners likely to invade the Midwest for the 19th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate