The New York Racing Association, which has touted claims of transparency since it was taken over by the state, approved no items at its Feb. 26 board of directors meeting before quickly going into executive session.
Hessonite registered a 5 1/4-length romp in the $150,000 John Hettinger Stakes and Lubash outlasted favored Compliance Officer in the $150,000 Ashley T. Cole Stakes, both for New York-breds, Sept. 9 at Belmont Park.
Pam and Martin Wygod's Clear Attempt stalked a leisurely early pace and rolled home a winner in the $150,000 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 4 at Belmont Park.
Compliance Officer, a four-time stakes winner against New York-breds, gets an important Independence Day test against open company in the $150,000 Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Widener turf course at Belmont Park.
Giant Ryan stole the show at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards banquet April 2, winning top honors as 2011 New York-bred Horse of the Year, champion older male, and champion male sprinter.
It Happened Again, making his first start in more than five months, wore down pacesetter Isthmus to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel by 1 1/4 lengths at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm