The New York Racing Association, which has touted claims of transparency since it was taken over by the state, approved no items at its Feb. 26 board of directors meeting before quickly going into executive session.
Hessonite registered a 5 1/4-length romp in the $150,000 John Hettinger Stakes and Lubash outlasted favored Compliance Officer in the $150,000 Ashley T. Cole Stakes, both for New York-breds, Sept. 9 at Belmont Park.
Pam and Martin Wygod's Clear Attempt stalked a leisurely early pace and rolled home a winner in the $150,000 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 4 at Belmont Park.
Compliance Officer, a four-time stakes winner against New York-breds, gets an important Independence Day test against open company in the $150,000 Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Widener turf course at Belmont Park.
Giant Ryan stole the show at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards banquet April 2, winning top honors as 2011 New York-bred Horse of the Year, champion older male, and champion male sprinter.
It Happened Again, making his first start in more than five months, wore down pacesetter Isthmus to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel by 1 1/4 lengths at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud