Keeneland announced Sept. 3 that Matt May and Amy Owens have joined its Communications staff as media relations manager and communications associate, respectively.
Julie Koenig Loignon is returning as vice president of corporate communications for Churchill Downs Inc.
Jay Blanton, director of marketing and communications for Keeneland, will leave in mid-September to take a job in public relations at the University of Kentucky.
Churchill Downs Inc. for the first time has hired a marketing and communications company to promote the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), it was announced Dec. 16.
- By Esther Marr
After a three-year hiatus, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Marketing Summit was brought to the forefront of a growing list of necessary steps toward creating a better industry. The three day conference, held Sept. 21-23 at the Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa in Las Vegas, covered a variety of topics, from reaching new generations of fans, to discussing updates on several NTRA programs and initiatives.
Bridget Harrison has been named director of communications for the American Horse Council, the Washington, D.C., organization announced June 24.
Dan Leary has been named director of communications for Lone Star Park in Texas. Leary has nearly three decades of sports public relations experience, including 14 years in the Thoroughbred racing industry at six different racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes