Reddam Racing's 2012 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) winner Handsome Mike took the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland April 13, earning his first victory for trainer Doug O'Neill since that upset score at Parx.
After finishing second in his two starts this season, Brittlyn Stable's Gantry will try to nail down the fifth stakes victory of his career in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) April 13 at Keeneland.
Lonesome Street and jockey Joel Rosario took advantage of a hotly contested early pace to rally from last to first for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland April 14.
Pluck will resume his racing career Nov. 3 in the Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, the site of his victory in the 2010 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT).
A short field of five, three of which are graded stakes winners, will go postward in the April 16 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II).
Trainer Michael Trombetta aims for a repeat victory April 10 in Keeneland's Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) with a pair of entrants in the $250,000 event, Congressional Page and Not for Silver.
Rebellion will attempt to become the first since Black Tie Affair in 1990-91 to win repeat renewals of the Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) when he faces seven rivals April 11 in the $250,000 sprint at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff