The defection of Congaree from Saturday's Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, opens the race up a bit wider for its six entrants. After all, Congaree, who was taken out of consideration after a bout of colic, is a multiple graded stakes winner whose victories include the Carter Handicap (gr. I).
The familiar colors of Bob and Beverly Lewis visited the Keeneland winner's circle following consecutive races Sunday, with trainer D. Wayne Lukas there to greet the winning horse on both occasions, most notably following Orientate's victory in the $272,000 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Laurie's Rocket to Stand at McDowell Farm