Undefeated son of Candy Ride has won two grade I races this year and will be a favorite in the Breeders' Cup Classic.
Champion Shared Belief kept his stellar record spotless with another smashing victory Aug. 24 in the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), sweeping past pacesetter Game On Dude and drawing away at Del Mar.
Shared Belief has a couple of parallels with his sire Candy Ride: an undefeated race-record and spectacular performances in California.
Unbeaten Shared Belief, last year's 2-year-old juvenile champion, answered the dirt question with an emphatic 4 1/4-length win in the $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 5 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Shared Belief ran away with the CashCall Futurity and put in his bid to become the first juvenile champion to skip the Breeders' Cup since Declan's Moon.
Odds-on favorite Shared Belief, ridden patiently by Corey Nakatani, swept past outsider Candy Boy coming into the stretch and easily rolled to his third consecutive victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I) Dec. 14.
Less than a week after Jim Rome's Jungle Racing parted with two-time Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) winner Mizdirection, the radio and television personality resurfaced with another talented runner in Shared Belief.
Fast-improving Little Miss Holly swept past Find the Humor in the stretch and held sway for a two-length victory in the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) on the night of June 25 at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos