Robert "Bob" Gentry 81, of Lubbock, Texas was best known for owning and breeding Quarter Horses but also contributed on the Thoroughbred side. Gentry died Jan. 7.
Commitisize, a grade II winner, was represented by his first winner June 24 when his daughter Commitisize Me won at five furlongs in :57.81 at Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Commitisize, who was a graded stakes winner four consecutive years, has arrived at Sean and Barbara Kelly's Wycombe House Stud near Ocala, Fla., where he will stand for $4,500 live foal.
Homestretch Farm's locally based Washington-bred Edneator earned his third career victory by setting a blazing early pace and holding on to win the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths over 2-1 favorite Big Ten Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala