Robert "Bob" Gentry 81, of Lubbock, Texas was best known for owning and breeding Quarter Horses but also contributed on the Thoroughbred side. Gentry died Jan. 7.
Commitisize, a grade II winner, was represented by his first winner June 24 when his daughter Commitisize Me won at five furlongs in :57.81 at Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Commitisize, who was a graded stakes winner four consecutive years, has arrived at Sean and Barbara Kelly's Wycombe House Stud near Ocala, Fla., where he will stand for $4,500 live foal.
Homestretch Farm's locally based Washington-bred Edneator earned his third career victory by setting a blazing early pace and holding on to win the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths over 2-1 favorite Big Ten Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break