Robert "Bob" Gentry 81, of Lubbock, Texas was best known for owning and breeding Quarter Horses but also contributed on the Thoroughbred side. Gentry died Jan. 7.
Commitisize, a grade II winner, was represented by his first winner June 24 when his daughter Commitisize Me won at five furlongs in :57.81 at Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Commitisize, who was a graded stakes winner four consecutive years, has arrived at Sean and Barbara Kelly's Wycombe House Stud near Ocala, Fla., where he will stand for $4,500 live foal.
Homestretch Farm's locally based Washington-bred Edneator earned his third career victory by setting a blazing early pace and holding on to win the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths over 2-1 favorite Big Ten Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses