A look at first-crop yearling sires and next year's 2-year-old sales calendar
Stories about Thoroughbred auctions focus a lot on key business figures such as gross, average price, and median price. But for sellers, the most important numbers are the ones that show whether or not they made a profit.
In today's sales arena, commercial breeders find they need to be more nimble, find alternatives
Pinhookers' profits fall at at the select yearling sale. Commercial breeder's percentage of profitable horses remains the same.
For years commercial breeders have mortgaged their collective futures for today's cash. Read Blog
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association has developed and adopted a new code of conduct that calls for an end to undisclosed dual agency and commissions.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente