A look at first-crop yearling sires and next year's 2-year-old sales calendar
Stories about Thoroughbred auctions focus a lot on key business figures such as gross, average price, and median price. But for sellers, the most important numbers are the ones that show whether or not they made a profit.
In today's sales arena, commercial breeders find they need to be more nimble, find alternatives
Pinhookers' profits fall at at the select yearling sale. Commercial breeder's percentage of profitable horses remains the same.
For years commercial breeders have mortgaged their collective futures for today's cash. Read Blog
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association has developed and adopted a new code of conduct that calls for an end to undisclosed dual agency and commissions.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint