A look at first-crop yearling sires and next year's 2-year-old sales calendar
Stories about Thoroughbred auctions focus a lot on key business figures such as gross, average price, and median price. But for sellers, the most important numbers are the ones that show whether or not they made a profit.
In today's sales arena, commercial breeders find they need to be more nimble, find alternatives
Pinhookers' profits fall at at the select yearling sale. Commercial breeder's percentage of profitable horses remains the same.
For years commercial breeders have mortgaged their collective futures for today's cash. Read Blog
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association has developed and adopted a new code of conduct that calls for an end to undisclosed dual agency and commissions.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win