A look at first-crop yearling sires and next year's 2-year-old sales calendar
Stories about Thoroughbred auctions focus a lot on key business figures such as gross, average price, and median price. But for sellers, the most important numbers are the ones that show whether or not they made a profit.
In today's sales arena, commercial breeders find they need to be more nimble, find alternatives
Pinhookers' profits fall at at the select yearling sale. Commercial breeder's percentage of profitable horses remains the same.
For years commercial breeders have mortgaged their collective futures for today's cash. Read Blog
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association has developed and adopted a new code of conduct that calls for an end to undisclosed dual agency and commissions.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile