A look at first-crop yearling sires and next year's 2-year-old sales calendar
Stories about Thoroughbred auctions focus a lot on key business figures such as gross, average price, and median price. But for sellers, the most important numbers are the ones that show whether or not they made a profit.
In today's sales arena, commercial breeders find they need to be more nimble, find alternatives
Pinhookers' profits fall at at the select yearling sale. Commercial breeder's percentage of profitable horses remains the same.
For years commercial breeders have mortgaged their collective futures for today's cash. Read Blog
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association has developed and adopted a new code of conduct that calls for an end to undisclosed dual agency and commissions.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot