Argentinian-bred Ever Rider, looking to follow the path taken by Calidoscopio, heads a field of 10 along with millionaire Pool Play in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) on Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Multiple grade III winner Title Contender could continue his recent success in Canada Oct. 14 at Hastings Race Course, when he goes up against eight others in the $100,000 British Columbia Premier's Handicap (Can-III).
Stud Dona Pancha's Calidoscopio targeted the leaders at the top of the stretch and pulled away to win the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by a widening 4 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2.
There were no surprises in a pair of grade III stakes Oct. 8 at Hastings Racecourse as heavily favored Commander took the B. C. Premier's Stakes and 3-5 favorite Class Included won the Ballerina Stakes.
Two grade III stakes at Hastings Racecourse, the Ballerina and British Columbia Premier's Handicap, highlight the Columbus Day holiday program at the Vancouver, B.C. track Oct. 8.
The winners of the Emerald Downs Derby and the local Richmond Derby Trial Handicap lead a field of 12 in the $200,000 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sept. 11 at Hastings Park. It's Western Canada's premier race of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap