Argentinian-bred Ever Rider, looking to follow the path taken by Calidoscopio, heads a field of 10 along with millionaire Pool Play in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) on Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Multiple grade III winner Title Contender could continue his recent success in Canada Oct. 14 at Hastings Race Course, when he goes up against eight others in the $100,000 British Columbia Premier's Handicap (Can-III).
Stud Dona Pancha's Calidoscopio targeted the leaders at the top of the stretch and pulled away to win the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by a widening 4 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2.
There were no surprises in a pair of grade III stakes Oct. 8 at Hastings Racecourse as heavily favored Commander took the B. C. Premier's Stakes and 3-5 favorite Class Included won the Ballerina Stakes.
Two grade III stakes at Hastings Racecourse, the Ballerina and British Columbia Premier's Handicap, highlight the Columbus Day holiday program at the Vancouver, B.C. track Oct. 8.
The winners of the Emerald Downs Derby and the local Richmond Derby Trial Handicap lead a field of 12 in the $200,000 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sept. 11 at Hastings Park. It's Western Canada's premier race of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly