Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens rode the first winner of his newly-launched comeback Jan. 12, getting the job done aboard Glen Hill Farm's Branding at Santa Anita Park.
After a 7 1/2-month layup following the Kentucky Derby, runner returns in a Dec. 19 allowance at Gulfstream with an eye on the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
The brilliant 3-year-olds both ran huge in their comebacks last weekend read blog
- By Claire Novak
Late last night, in a $14,000 claiming race at the Meadowlands, Red Oak Stable's Missed The Prom sailed to an eight length win under a jockey who had not won a race since 1998. As the Greg Sacco trainee was led into the winners' circle, his rider couldn't help breathing a sigh of relief. It had taken nine years to reach this place, and the sweetness of the moment was overwhelming. Herb McCauley's comeback was complete.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'