Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens rode the first winner of his newly-launched comeback Jan. 12, getting the job done aboard Glen Hill Farm's Branding at Santa Anita Park.
After a 7 1/2-month layup following the Kentucky Derby, runner returns in a Dec. 19 allowance at Gulfstream with an eye on the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
The brilliant 3-year-olds both ran huge in their comebacks last weekend read blog
Late last night, in a $14,000 claiming race at the Meadowlands, Red Oak Stable's Missed The Prom sailed to an eight length win under a jockey who had not won a race since 1998. As the Greg Sacco trainee was led into the winners' circle, his rider couldn't help breathing a sigh of relief. It had taken nine years to reach this place, and the sweetness of the moment was overwhelming. Herb McCauley's comeback was complete.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts