Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens rode the first winner of his newly-launched comeback Jan. 12, getting the job done aboard Glen Hill Farm's Branding at Santa Anita Park.
After a 7 1/2-month layup following the Kentucky Derby, runner returns in a Dec. 19 allowance at Gulfstream with an eye on the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
The brilliant 3-year-olds both ran huge in their comebacks last weekend read blog
- By Claire Novak
Late last night, in a $14,000 claiming race at the Meadowlands, Red Oak Stable's Missed The Prom sailed to an eight length win under a jockey who had not won a race since 1998. As the Greg Sacco trainee was led into the winners' circle, his rider couldn't help breathing a sigh of relief. It had taken nine years to reach this place, and the sweetness of the moment was overwhelming. Herb McCauley's comeback was complete.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another