J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
J. B.'s Thunder earned his way into the Breeders' Cup Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) with a front-running romp in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Frank Stronach has purchased grade I turf winner Sligo Bay for stallion duty at his Adena Springs Kentucky near Midway.
Columbine Stable's Sligo Bay, with the venerable Laffit Pincay Jr. riding, caught front-running Grammarian in the stretch and went on to a one-length win in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) at 1 1/2 mile Saturday.
Given a long break during the summer, Sligo Bay returns to score a convincing victory in the Hollywood Turf Cup.
Columbine Stable and trainer Beau Greeley hope to end a string of frustrating near misses with Sligo Bay in Saturday's Arcadia Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees