Veterinarians with Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington have put out a call for colostrum donations because its supply has dwindled in the midst of foaling season.
Neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI) is a blood disorder that occurs in some foals less than one week of age.
If your foal is orphaned at birth, or rejected by his dam, your first consideration is to get him to ingest some colostrum.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance