Veterinarians with Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington have put out a call for colostrum donations because its supply has dwindled in the midst of foaling season.
Neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI) is a blood disorder that occurs in some foals less than one week of age.
If your foal is orphaned at birth, or rejected by his dam, your first consideration is to get him to ingest some colostrum.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- The One That Got Away
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York