Veterinarians with Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington have put out a call for colostrum donations because its supply has dwindled in the midst of foaling season.
Neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI) is a blood disorder that occurs in some foals less than one week of age.
If your foal is orphaned at birth, or rejected by his dam, your first consideration is to get him to ingest some colostrum.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory