Veterinarians with Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington have put out a call for colostrum donations because its supply has dwindled in the midst of foaling season.
Neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI) is a blood disorder that occurs in some foals less than one week of age.
If your foal is orphaned at birth, or rejected by his dam, your first consideration is to get him to ingest some colostrum.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Testa Rossi Makes Endeavour Return for Brown
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis