Stakes winners Colorful Tour and Pikepass will stand at Madison Country Thoroughbreds near Macksburg, Iowa.
Richard Otto Stables' homebred Summer Mis was voted the 2003 Illinois champion older filly/mare and Illinois Horse of the Year, it was announced Thursday by John Bauman, president of the Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation.
Frank Calabrese's Fight For Ally disposed of favored Keats in the stretch of Saturday's $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap (gr. III) and held off the late challenge of Colonial Colony and Parrott Bay to win by a neck at Hawthorne Race Course.
Henry Pabst's speedy Keats is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course.
Marching from gate to wire, Patton's Victory held off Colorful Tour by a length Wednesday in the $100,000 Fifth Season Stakes for older horses at Oaklawn Park's "Racing Festival of the South."
Irish Acres Farm's front-running Colorful Tour won his fifth straight Sunday, holding off 6-5 favorite Crafty Shaw and Windward Passage in the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
A showdown between four local horses appears likely in Sunday's $100,000 Razorback Handicap at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The 1 1/16-mile test for 4-year-olds and upward is a prep for the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap on April 5.
Irish Acres Farm's homebred Colorful Tour stormed down the rail to tally by 1 1/2 length over Ask The Lord in Saturday's $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Defending champion Crafty Shaw heads a field of 10 for Saturday's featured $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III), the first hundred-grand stakes of the 2003 season at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer