Californian made his first start in North America a memorable one by pulling away in the stretch under jockey Kent Desormeaux to win Thursday's $111,200 Forerunner Stakes at Keeneland by 3 1/4 lengths.
Wheelock Whitney's Florida homebred Charge lived up to his name, rallying with a rush in the stretch to overtake 7-5 favorite Purely Classic by a length in the $75,000 Caltech Handicap for 3-year-olds at rainy Gulfstream Park Sunday.
Trainer George Weaver saddled his first winner at Gulfstream when he tightened the girth on Randy and Christine Hill's Christine's Outlaw, who romped to an 11½-length victory in the first race on Saturday and returned a $9.60 win mutuel.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- ARCI Schedules Two Town Hall Meetings