Californian made his first start in North America a memorable one by pulling away in the stretch under jockey Kent Desormeaux to win Thursday's $111,200 Forerunner Stakes at Keeneland by 3 1/4 lengths.
Wheelock Whitney's Florida homebred Charge lived up to his name, rallying with a rush in the stretch to overtake 7-5 favorite Purely Classic by a length in the $75,000 Caltech Handicap for 3-year-olds at rainy Gulfstream Park Sunday.
Trainer George Weaver saddled his first winner at Gulfstream when he tightened the girth on Randy and Christine Hill's Christine's Outlaw, who romped to an 11½-length victory in the first race on Saturday and returned a $9.60 win mutuel.
Most Popular Stories
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon