Californian made his first start in North America a memorable one by pulling away in the stretch under jockey Kent Desormeaux to win Thursday's $111,200 Forerunner Stakes at Keeneland by 3 1/4 lengths.
Wheelock Whitney's Florida homebred Charge lived up to his name, rallying with a rush in the stretch to overtake 7-5 favorite Purely Classic by a length in the $75,000 Caltech Handicap for 3-year-olds at rainy Gulfstream Park Sunday.
Trainer George Weaver saddled his first winner at Gulfstream when he tightened the girth on Randy and Christine Hill's Christine's Outlaw, who romped to an 11½-length victory in the first race on Saturday and returned a $9.60 win mutuel.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App