Californian made his first start in North America a memorable one by pulling away in the stretch under jockey Kent Desormeaux to win Thursday's $111,200 Forerunner Stakes at Keeneland by 3 1/4 lengths.
Wheelock Whitney's Florida homebred Charge lived up to his name, rallying with a rush in the stretch to overtake 7-5 favorite Purely Classic by a length in the $75,000 Caltech Handicap for 3-year-olds at rainy Gulfstream Park Sunday.
Trainer George Weaver saddled his first winner at Gulfstream when he tightened the girth on Randy and Christine Hill's Christine's Outlaw, who romped to an 11½-length victory in the first race on Saturday and returned a $9.60 win mutuel.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support