Favored Grand Couturier got the soft going he appreciates and a solid pace to chase, helping him to his first win of the year in the $158,500 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park Sept. 13.
Grand Couturier heads into the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park Sept. 13 as the morning line favorite in spite of a fifth-place finish in Saratoga's Sword Dancer Invitational (gr. IT) last month that left trainer Robert Ribaudo a bit perplexed.
Darley Stable's Justenuffhumor remains undefeated on the season as he collared pacesetter Cowboy Cal inside the sixteenth-pole and posted a half-length victory in the $200,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 28 on the Saratoga turf.
Darley Stable's Justenuffhumor and Magnolia Racing Stable's Cowboy Cal resume what may be a budding rivalry when they meet Aug. 28 in the $200,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on the inner turf at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup