As a heavy deluge of rain hit Keeneland and the Lexington area April 3, racetrack officials called off the last four races on the opening-day card.
Keeneland will offer $3.65 million in purses for 16 stakes races, in addition to a variety of on-site events and new wagering and marketing initiatives.
Keeneland's opening day will feature the track's annual College Scholarship Day. College students will get in free and be eligible for ten $1,000 scholarships and other prizes.
Keeneland and the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association are teaming up to present College Scholarship Day on spring meet opening day, April 8, in which college students can win $1,000 toward their education, as well as additional gift certificates to local Lexington businesses.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again