As a heavy deluge of rain hit Keeneland and the Lexington area April 3, racetrack officials called off the last four races on the opening-day card.
Keeneland will offer $3.65 million in purses for 16 stakes races, in addition to a variety of on-site events and new wagering and marketing initiatives.
Keeneland's opening day will feature the track's annual College Scholarship Day. College students will get in free and be eligible for ten $1,000 scholarships and other prizes.
Keeneland and the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association are teaming up to present College Scholarship Day on spring meet opening day, April 8, in which college students can win $1,000 toward their education, as well as additional gift certificates to local Lexington businesses.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta