As a heavy deluge of rain hit Keeneland and the Lexington area April 3, racetrack officials called off the last four races on the opening-day card.
Keeneland will offer $3.65 million in purses for 16 stakes races, in addition to a variety of on-site events and new wagering and marketing initiatives.
Keeneland's opening day will feature the track's annual College Scholarship Day. College students will get in free and be eligible for ten $1,000 scholarships and other prizes.
Keeneland and the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association are teaming up to present College Scholarship Day on spring meet opening day, April 8, in which college students can win $1,000 toward their education, as well as additional gift certificates to local Lexington businesses.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool