The Maxwell H. Gluck Equine Research Center is celebrating 25 years of improving the health and well-being of the horse.
On Jan. 29, the University of Kentucky announced plans for a new equine undergraduate program, planned improvements to its Maine Chance Farm near Lexington, and a $1 million endowed professorship to honor Stanley Smith Dickson.
Dan Rosenberg, president and chief operating officer of Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., has been named executive in residence for the Equine Initiative within the University of Kentucky's College of Agriculture. Rosenberg will continue in his present position at Three Chimneys in addition to the new role.
The Kentucky Racing Commission has approved an agreement with the University of Kentucky for the college to apply for accreditation of its Animal Drug Testing Program and better monitor projects and control related costs.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster