Vision D'Etat, who was questionable to even make the starting gate only one day before, showed a blistering turn of foot to stun a top class field in the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin on Dec. 13
Viva Pataca finally achieved his rightful place alongside the greats of Hong Kong racing when he was named Horse of the Year for 2008-09 at the annual Champions Awards.
John Moore made an impassioned case for Viva Pataca to be named Hong Kong's Horse of the Year after the famous stayer clawed his way to a third win in the Citi Champions & Chater Cup (HK-I) May 31.
Trainer John Moore was in superb form after Collection, starting a piping hot 1-4 favorite, trounced Classic Mile hero Thumbs Up in the HK$16 million Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby off an inspired Darren Beadman ride.
Collection began the Chai Wan Handicap by attempting to savage the horse next door, followed up by savaging all 12 rivals in the run home, and now those willing jaws have a vice-like grip on the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby in two weeks time.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses