Vision D'Etat, who was questionable to even make the starting gate only one day before, showed a blistering turn of foot to stun a top class field in the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin on Dec. 13
Viva Pataca finally achieved his rightful place alongside the greats of Hong Kong racing when he was named Horse of the Year for 2008-09 at the annual Champions Awards.
John Moore made an impassioned case for Viva Pataca to be named Hong Kong's Horse of the Year after the famous stayer clawed his way to a third win in the Citi Champions & Chater Cup (HK-I) May 31.
Trainer John Moore was in superb form after Collection, starting a piping hot 1-4 favorite, trounced Classic Mile hero Thumbs Up in the HK$16 million Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby off an inspired Darren Beadman ride.
Collection began the Chai Wan Handicap by attempting to savage the horse next door, followed up by savaging all 12 rivals in the run home, and now those willing jaws have a vice-like grip on the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby in two weeks time.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field