Dynaformer sired 25 Grade I winners, 10 Grade II winners, 31 Grade III winners and numerous other stakes winners following his racing career. view slideshow
While Book One of the 2013 Keeneland September sale concluded Sept. 12, the world's largest yearling sale will continue to offer youngsters from mares who have excelled on the track and as broodmares.
Stately Victor, a grade I winner in Kentucky, and Bring the Heat, a 14-year-old stallion, will stand in 2013 at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Stately Victor, who took the Bluegrass Stakes (gr. I) in April before off-the-board finishes in the three off-the-board finishes, returned to the winner's circle in the Ontario Derby at Woodbine Sept. 25.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
The first grade I winner sired by Ghostzapper - whose own pedigree is free of five-generation duplicated bloodlines - has an inbreeding pattern to the closely-inbred In Reality.
Stately Victor, the longest shot on the board at 40-1, roared past Paddy O'Prado in the stretch to record a shocking win in the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 10 at Keeneland.
Joe Orseno said Friday that Jerry Bailey will ride Golden Missile in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), replacing Kent Desormeaux, who also is the regular rider for Fusaichi Pegasus. Bailey also will ride Perfect Sting in the Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) and Macho Uno in the Juvenile (gr. I) for Orseno.
More often than not, the best laid plans in the Thoroughbred game don't pan out, and even more unusual are plans gone awry that come to fruition. However, if you're jockey Shane Sellers, a whole weekend of plans for Keeneland's fall opener can come together as easy as (grade) one, two, three.
Stronach Stable and Elfreida Stronach's Collect the Cash tracked 4-5 favorite Gaviola through moderate fractions before taking the lead in mid-stretch to win the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) by 3/4 lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace