Purchased for $2.4 million at auction last November by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable, Mushka attempts to win her first stakes for her new connections in the $300,000 Dance Smartly (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf July 11.
Jason, Tom, and the Wizard analyze the New York Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park on June 20. Watch Video
Darley Stable's homebred Criticism has been on quite a roll, winning four of her last five, all in graded stakes. Backseat Rhythm and Dynaforce, both grade I winners a year ago, are both coming off unplaced efforts last out. Will the hot horse continue her winning ways, will the proven grade I winners return to form, or will one of the other capable starters break through?
British import Diamond Diva overcame her outside post position to register a sharp win from off the pace in the $110,800 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) at one mile on opening day of the Hollywood Park spring/summer meet.
Colina Verde, winner of the Brazilian Oaks two years ago, will attempt to win for the second time in three U.S. starts in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf as Hollywood Park opens its 70th anniversary spring/summer meeting April 23.
Immortelle, Lavender Sky and Foxysox, second through fourth, respectively, in an extremely tight finish to the Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) last month, return to action in the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) April 19 at Santa Anita.
After finally breaking through with a victory in the Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for trainer Bobby Frankel last month, Juddmonte Farms' Costume returns in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf March 23, Easter Sunday.
Colina Verde has passed Barry Irwin and trainer Neil Drysdale's physical inspection after an examinination March 12 following her release from the Hollywood Park quarantine station.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill