Salvador Hernandez's homebred La Tia made a tour de force of the $144,053 Ontario Matron Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine July 26, leading wire to wire and drawing off at the end to best eight other fillies and mares.
A competitve field of nine fillies will face off in the two-turn Ontario Matron over Woodbine's Polytrack July 26, including a pack of stakes winners at Arlington and over the home track outside Toronto.
Fearless Cowboy, ridden by Slade Callaghan, rustled up his first added-money win when he defeated favored Who's Big Daddy in Woodbine's $139,149 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds July 18.
Prohibitive choice Southern Exchange kept his record perfect in three starts with a 3 1/4-length victory in Woodbine's $150,438 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds July 19.
Edenwold, a chestnut son of Southern Halo, took an unfamiliar frontrunning path to achieve victory in Saturday's $135,650 (Canadian) Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine.
Wholelottabourbon led every step of the way to capture the first added-money win of his career in the six-furlong $134,000 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle