Salvador Hernandez's homebred La Tia made a tour de force of the $144,053 Ontario Matron Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine July 26, leading wire to wire and drawing off at the end to best eight other fillies and mares.
A competitve field of nine fillies will face off in the two-turn Ontario Matron over Woodbine's Polytrack July 26, including a pack of stakes winners at Arlington and over the home track outside Toronto.
Fearless Cowboy, ridden by Slade Callaghan, rustled up his first added-money win when he defeated favored Who's Big Daddy in Woodbine's $139,149 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds July 18.
Prohibitive choice Southern Exchange kept his record perfect in three starts with a 3 1/4-length victory in Woodbine's $150,438 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds July 19.
Edenwold, a chestnut son of Southern Halo, took an unfamiliar frontrunning path to achieve victory in Saturday's $135,650 (Canadian) Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine.
Wholelottabourbon led every step of the way to capture the first added-money win of his career in the six-furlong $134,000 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Miles To Go: Metropolitan Handicap History
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah