Chris Waller, the dominant trainer in Australia since 2010, is in one sense the odd man out among the three Australian-based trainers with runners for the 2015 Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 13 at Sha Tin.
Trainer David Hayes followed in his famous father's footsteps when Miss Finland took out the $3 million Golden Slipper (AUS-I) at Rosehill Gardens Saturday.
One of Australia's leading trainers, Peter Hayes, was killed when the plane in which he was a passenger crashed in Victoria, Australia, on Tuesday. An unidentified 67-year-old pilot also died in the crash.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win