Chris Waller, the dominant trainer in Australia since 2010, is in one sense the odd man out among the three Australian-based trainers with runners for the 2015 Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 13 at Sha Tin.
Trainer David Hayes followed in his famous father's footsteps when Miss Finland took out the $3 million Golden Slipper (AUS-I) at Rosehill Gardens Saturday.
One of Australia's leading trainers, Peter Hayes, was killed when the plane in which he was a passenger crashed in Victoria, Australia, on Tuesday. An unidentified 67-year-old pilot also died in the crash.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted