Jockey Jose Lezcano rode six winners on Monmouth Park's June 22 card, equaling a Monmouth Park record.
As a snowfall befitting a winter sale began to whiten the ground at the Newtown paddocks in Lexington, the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed Sale concluded Monday, Feb. 11, with solid gains in every category.
Trainer John Sadler has a strong one-two punch with recent grade I winner Dearest Trickski and Lady Gamer in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Sprint set for the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 26.
Trainer Allen Jerkens scored a graded stakes double at Gulfstream Park when Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred filly Any Limit was a prompt winner of Saturday's $108,500 Hurricane Bertie Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares as the 17-10 favorite.
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s Any Limit, a convincing winner of the First Lady Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 20, tries to do it again in Saturday's $150,000 Hurrican Bertie Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Grade I winner Wildcat Bettie B faces seven challengers on Saturday in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Laurel Park. The eight competitors have combined to finish in the money 45 times in 53 career starts and have 25 victories at the six-furlong distance.
Puglisi Stable and Steve Klesaris' Miraculous Miss went from last after a half-mile to post a 1 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,900 Endine (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager